Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Patience Patience Patience





The word for the day? Patience. Most of you know that Jason recently started a new job, and for the first time since T was born I am now home alone with T, all day everyday. No not Saturday and Sunday, and we leave the house, so not technically home alone. It’s been pretty fun, interesting, tiring, and most definitely an educational experience.





I get very little accomplished in a day. I would say I’m surprised by this but to be honest I got less accomplished before we moved back to Washington. It seems like now, Tesla will spend a period of time playing by herself, which will allow me to unload the dishwasher, grab the clothes from the laundry room and complete a few tasks. 





Yesterday, we had an accident in the laundry room. One of the laundry detergent containers that was sitting on top the dryer, burst, and leaked detergent all over the dryer, washer, floor, wall, and other containers of detergent. I immediately started cleaning up but T, wanted to be right in there with me. So I kept moving her away going back to it, moving her away going back to it, over and over and over again. Finally I set up a gate and let her cry, where I could see her and where she could see me. She cried the whole time! It was exhausting. I almost cried by the end of the day.



Well today I was trying to straighten up the laundry room, clean off all the containers. Wipe down the front of the machines and the wall, and Tesla had to get right in where she doesn’t belong. I don’t know what is so fascinating about it. 






Later on I had tried to put T down for a nap. She was having nothing of it. Hoping that her attitude was because of hunger I gave her some yogurt and berries…. And then a bath.





Tonight we had our weekly dinner with Nigel. Tonight’s dinner was ribs, everyone loved it. For dessert, T managed to grab a serving spoon and was using that. None of the pictures turned out so I can’t show you but trust me it was cute. (Update, the picture kind of turned out.)





After dinner, T went right down for bed and all was right in the world. Bed time for me too! Tomorrow promises to be a long day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts