Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update: Time Outs

Well just for those that are curious. I am not sure that I can say that time outs are working, but I can tell you they are being had. It's hard to tell if I am actually changing Tesla's behavior or if it's because she's just forgotten to do what she was doing in the first place. I do however always tell her why she's been in time out. Again not sure how much she is really hearing. Last week, she went into timeout for something, I think touching the oven. (Not the front of the oven but the side where she can could potentially hurt herself. However I also don't want her to play with the oven. It's not a toy.) So I put her in time out. She didn't cry one bit. When I came back after 1 minute I picked her up I started to tell her why she went into time out and that mama loves her, when she hit me so hard. I immediately put her right in time out. When I picked her up again, she proceeded to hit me over and over again. I put her back in time out. But then when I picked her up the third time I explained that I loved her and that there was no hitting mama, and she didn't hit me, she was fine. It's pretty hard to do, but I'm hoping like with everything I do with her, she's learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts