Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Pretty New Dress

Well I did it! I made a dress for my little girl and I have to tell you, I am ready to make the next one!



The dress patter is by Izzy & Ivy Designs. I have to say you should really follow their link to their blog, because oh my goodness they have cute stuff.

There were definitely some issues with making the dress. Perhaps I shouldn't say issues. There were learning experiences. For instance if you are going to gather, sew in two lines of gathering stitches. Much easier to pull two strings then one. The first one broke right off the bat. The second time was easy. I also forgot to the rick rack on the shoulder straps until the end so they are sewn on top of the dress rather than attached at the seam.


Now taking a picture of her without our receipt carrier (that purple box) now that was difficult!


Here's a close up of the fabric.

I just love the bold print!

Short and sweet entry about it but I'm running out of time today! Thanks honey so much for supporting me through making this dress. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. What a darling dress!. I will have to check out the site for the patterns. I am always looking for cute ones for my grandaughters.
    I'm following you from Friday Follow. Come visit me @
    www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. They have the cutest designs! I cannot wait to work on the next outfit, although it's not an Izzy design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is really nice, its simple enough to be dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts