Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

More Beep Bots Love

Do you remember the PJ's I made for Nigel? Well due to a miscalculation on my part, I ended up with an extra three yards of fabric. I was using my husband's calculator and it's reverse polish notation and well I couldn't figure it out and it was late in the evening and I had to place the order right away, so I ended up with 3 extra yards. Yes in in retrospect even the next day, I was like wait, that's not right. But fortunately a friend loved the fabric and asked me to make some PJ's for her son. The bottoms turned out really good. I even added in pockets which I had never done before and I did a separate waist band in a coordinating fabric.

See the waist band, and pockets are in a coordinating fabric.

Close up of the pockets.

Well I couldn't really stop there, I asked my friend if he'd like a t-shirt as well with an appliqued robot on it. I should have taken a close up of the applique but this is as good as it's going to get.


But there's more! She also wanted a pillow with the fabric. She wasn't specific about the pillow other then it would cover a 20x20 pillow from IKEA. I originally cut it 20x20 but it ended up 20x18. Not sure how that happened, my cutting mat is upside down and it always throws me when it's like this, I could just flip it but there always seems to be better things to do. Anyway, I wanted to do a red piping on the pillow and add a zipper. Both things I had not done before and I do enjoy a challenge. I would like to say it was super easy but really it wasn't. There are not a lot of tutorials that include both adding a zipper and pipping so I had to figure it out on my own.

The zipper pretty much ended up hidden.

Her it is in all of it's glory.

Of course the pillow is 18x20 now, so I went ahead and made a custom pillow for it using some white fabric I had on hand and fill I had.

Here's John in his robot glory. I had to beg him to try it on, he looks so cute. It was worth all the begging and pleating. He looks like he's saying "beep bot, beep bot."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts